The Newton Kismet 4 running shoe is a perfect performance trainer for runners looking for a bit of stability and support.
Newton running shoes stand apart from traditional running shoes in that they all utilize what Newton calls Action/Reaction technology. Action/Reaction technology is a cushioning system made up of active lugs that provide more energy return upon impact. This is meant to encourage a more engaging, natural, and efficient running stride.
The midsole is made up of high rebound EVA and use Newton’s POP2 lugs.
The Fate 4 uses a lower profile and more rounder lug that isn't as prominent as the POP1 lugs found on the Newton Distance or Newton Gravity.
The upper is made up of a seamless, breathable open weave mesh, a comfortable tongue, and strategically placed anatomical overlays to help secure the foot.
The outsole is made up of a super high abrasion rubber compound over high wear areas such as the forefoot and heel. The rest of the outsole is made up of high rebound EVA to help keep the weight down.
The Kismet has a stack height of about 28mm in the heel and 23mm at the forefoot for a heel to toe drop of 4.5mm. The Kismet weighs in at 9.9oz for men and 8.5oz for women.
Not a neutral runner? Not a problem. The Kismet 4 features the EMB of models past, but with an upgraded stability feature: a higher density post along the medial side. Extra stability met all day comfort, and the Kismet 4 was born.
- The Kismet features Newton's EMB platform (Extended Medial Bridge), which provides extra ground contact space through the waist of the shoe
- Newtonium foam provides a more responsive full-length cushion that sits closer to the foot.
- The medial post durometer is ~10 points firmer than the midsole EVA. We extended the post to the forefoot flex groove, which provides stability for late stage pronatation.
- Open-weave mesh and no-sew overlays provides optimal foot conformity and breathability
- Enhanced metatarsal stretch panels
- Additional strapping in the upper for full foot stability
- 360 degree reflectivity
- Newtonium foam provides a more responsive full-length cushion that sits closer to the foot
- Action/Reaction technology in the midfoot and heel
- Features Newton's EMB platform (Extended Medial Bridge), which provides extra ground contact space through the waist of the shoe
- Bio-mechanical metatarsal sensor plate
- The medial post durometer is ~10 points firmer than the midsole EVA
- Extended the post to the forefoot flex groove, which provides stability for late stage pronation
- High rebound EVA foam
- Durable rubber outsole