The Orca 3.8 is a wetsuit built for the swimmer looking for maximum buoyancy and flexibility.
Built from Yamamoto neoprene, the 3.8 is able to be extremely flexible to support a natural swimming motion. The neoprene in the 3.8 offers zero water absorption and zero weight variation.
With improved buoyancy over the Orca Sonar, the 3.8 features Exo-cell technology expanded across the whole lower front panel. This low-density material will raise your legs and hips to an elevated horizontal position, minimizing drag in the water.
The 3.8 also includes a core lateral stabilizer, providing lateral support in the abdomen to avoid weaving and to reinforce your core. This helps swimmers maintain good position and technique longer, making the 3.8 ideal for athletes doing long-course races.
To maximize flexibility in the arms and shoulders, the 3.8 uses 1.5 mm 40-cell neoprene for improved flexibility in these areas over the Orca Sonar and S6 options.
The 3.8 includes Aerodome 2 technology in the lower trunk area, providing even greater lower buoyancy.
The collar lining on the 3.8 reduces friction at the neckline to help reduce chafing. The smooth material also feels better on the skin, making it more comfortable to the touch.
The lower leg panel of the 3.8 uses 39-cell Yamamoto neoprene with a Super Composite Skin coating, also known as SCS, that reduces friction and helps increase speed. Its micro-cell structure repels water, improving hydrodynamics. Orca uses the most innovative version of Nano SCS that allows Orca wetsuits to ensure top speed in the water.
The 3.8 also features an inner lining they call Infinity Skin. It was designed based on high-elasticity nylon that incorporates bamboo fibers, offering greater flexibility with each swim stroke. This cloth also maintains body heat longer, helps reduce odor and bacteria, and is made from eco-friendly materials to prevent skin irritation.
If you're looking for a top-performing wetsuit that maximizes flexibility - especially in the shoulders and arms, the Orca 3.8 can't be beat.
- EXO-CELL - Exo-cell technology expands across the whole lower front panel, providing maximum buoyancy. This low-density material will raise your legs to an elevated horizontal position.
- CORE LATERAL STABILISER (CLS) - This panel provides laterral support in the abdomen to avoid weaving and to reinforce your core. With this technology you will be able to maintain a good technique for longer.
- AERODOME - This technology, used in the lower body, gives the swimmer 30% more buoyancy. The secret is in its composition: Hundreds of cavities located between two treated layers of neoprene.
- 1.5MM 40-CELL NEOPRENE - In spite of its maximum buoyancy, the use of 1.5mm 40-cell neoprene on the shoulders provies the extra flexibility you need to avoid straining them.
- NO CHAFING - The collar lining reduces chafing while adding extra comfort
- SPEED - The lower leg panel, Yamamoto with 39-cell SCS coating, reduces friction while you are swimming. HydroLite panels help make the wetsuit easier to remove so that your transitions are even faster