The Clifton 5 is the latest in the family of award-winning Clifton shoes and the Clifton 5 maintains the light, cushy feel of its predecessors. A newly engineered mesh upper with fewer overlays on the Clifton 5 helps improve breathability, comfort, fit, and feel.
The outsole of the Clifton 5 has a full ground contact design with strategic hi-abrasion rubber zones to reduce weight. A moderate heel bevel provides a smooth heel transition and a Flat-waisted geometry provides inherent stability.
The midsole of the Clifton 5 features a full EVA design to provide signature Hoka cushioning and an early stage meta-rocker for a smooth ride through your stride. The Clifton 5 is actually a bit softer than the Clifton 4, but still feels pretty firm. Some runners do report that the toe-box feels slightly narrower than previous models, but there's still ample room for wide feet.
The Hoka Clifton 5 has a stack height of 29 mm in the heel and 24 at the forefoot for a heel to toe drop of just 5 mm and it weighs in at 9.4 oz.
The Hoka Clifton 5 combines the signature cushioning and responsiveness you expect in a Hoka Clifton with an improved upper together in a comfortable, neutral package.
- A more open engineered mesh construction with fewer overlays than previous versions to optimize breathability and comfort
- Reinforced eyestays for durability
- Early stage Meta-Rocker for a smooth ride
- Full EVA midsole provides signature HOKA ONE ONE® cushioning
- Moderate heel bevel provides smooth heel transition
- Flat-waisted geometry provides inherent stability