R5 DISC REINVENTING THE CLASSIC
The Cervelo R5 Disc will help you survive, thrive and dominate whether you’re attacking epic climbs or speeding over cobblestones. This ultra-lightweight race machine sets new benchmarks for performance, usability and confidence-boosting control thanks to integrated disc-brake technology, a new pro fit, unrivalled stiffness, stable and responsive handling, and myriad aero enhancements.
R5 DISC ENGINEERING
ELITE ALL-ROUND ENGINEERING
After years of research and testing on the road, in the lab and in the wind tunnel, we have redefined the classic road bike by revolutionizing three interconnected factors — comfort, fit, and handling/stability — while integrating the latest disc-brake technology and pushing the aero envelope with new Squoval Max tube shapes.
With 18% more stiffness at the headtube and 26% more at the bottom bracket, the new R5 Disc is our stiffest-ever road frame. And it gets better: By integrating the latest disc-brake technology, lateral fork stiffness has been boosted even further. But that’s far from the whole story: The R5 Disc also incorporates a stiffness-to-weight ratio that has been meticulously tuned to the attacking style of high-performance road cyclists.
Elite road riders no longer equate comfort with soft, slow bikes. Vertical compliance can reduce fatigue and, in turn, boost power output. Wheel manufacturers’ wind-tunnel testing has also shown that wider tires can deliver aero benefits. For these reasons, tire clearance for the new R Series has been widened to 28mm. Combine this with a Cervélo-engineered aero seatpost, and vertical compliance is further increased while improving aero. At the same time, the latest disc-brake technology, and a new pro fit and fine-tuned handling geometry, will have you charging down chicanes and attacking cobbles with complete confidence.
As well as the freedom to use a wider range of tire sizes, dozens of small, satisfying design details separate good from extraordinary: Helpful thru-axle installation graphics, a subtle-yet-robust chain-stay protector, a sleek fitting cap, a stem that allows forinternal electronic routing and easy computer mounting, an aero seatpost with integrated clamp and cover...the list goes on.
PREMIUM ROAD PERFORMANCE
The ultimate all-round racing machine deserves optimal component packages to maximize performance, and the R5 Disc delivers. A revamped handling geometry balances stability and responsiveness for the ultimate all-round ride experience.
R5 DISC FEATURES
STIFFER, FASTER, BETTER.
The stiffest road frame we have ever produced joins forces with performance-enhancing comfort, confidence-inspiring handling, world-class aerodynamics, ultra-lightweight design and the latest disc-brake technology.
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.