R3 A CLASSIC GAME-CHANGER
The newCervelo R3 combines pro pedigree and elite performance to thrilling effect. Lighter, stiffer and more aerodynamic than ever thanks to new Squoval Max tube shapes, its top-shelf specs, versatile race fit and stable, responsive handling will have you seeking out hard hills and devouring cobblestones with complete confidence.
LIGHTER, FASTER, BETTER
Take a super-stiff carbon frameset engineered for exceptionally low weight, add an innovative new handling geometry that boosts stability and responsiveness, and those epic climbs will quickly disappear behind you as your confidence soars.
PREMIUM ROAD PERFORMANCE
A top-shelf all-round racing machine deserves optimal component packages to maximize performance, and the R3 delivers. A revamped handling geometry balances stability and responsiveness for a pro-caliber ride experience.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Our engineers went through dozens of frame iterations and conducted hundreds of hours of CFD and wind-tunnel analysis to skillfully balance the fit, handling, stiffness and aero performance of the R3 with frames that weigh less than the previous ultra-lightweight model. Underlying all of this are new Squoval Max tube shapes, which have been redesigned to fortify cross-sections and push the R3 to new heights.
As a world-class climbing weapon, lightweight design is a top priority for the R Series. That’s why the R3 stiffness-to-weight ratio has been fine-tuned to yield frames that are 10% lighter while maintaining the same race-ready stiffness.
The established Cervélo fit has been enhanced with a new geometry highlighted by a lower standover height and extra toe clearance. Then there’s the R3’s new handling geometry and wider tire clearance, which improve stability and performance-boosting comfort.
Road riders at all levels are now embracing the versatility of wider, lower-pressure tires in order to reduce fatigue and, in turn, boost power output. And since wheel manufacturers’ wind-tunnel testing has shown that wider tires can deliver aero benefits, tire clearance for the R3 has been increased to 28mm without sacrificing performance.
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.