R3 DISC A CLASSIC GAME-CHANGER
The Cervelo R3 Disc can win on any road, especially now that integrated disc-brake technology and new Squoval Max tube shapes have improved stiffness, handling and aerodynamics while making the bike lighter than ever before. The R3 Disc exudes confidence — and confidence is everything.
LIGHTER, FASTER, BETTER
Take a super-stiff carbon frameset engineered for exceptionally low weight, add an innovative new handling geometry that boosts stability and responsiveness, integrate the latest disc-brake technology, and those epic climbs will quickly disappear behind you as your confidence soars.
PREMIUM ROAD PERFORMANCE
A top-shelf all-round racing machine deserves optimal component packages to maximize performance, and the R3 Disc delivers. A revamped handling geometry balances stability and responsiveness for a pro-caliber ride experience.
R3 DISC ENGINEERING
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
After years of research and testing on the road, in the lab and in the wind tunnel, we have redefined the classic road bike by revolutionizing three interconnected factors — comfort, fit, and handling/stability — while making the R3 Disc lighter than ever and integrating the latest disc-brake technology. Underlying all of this are new Squoval Max tube shapes, which have been redesigned to fortify cross-sections and push the R3 Disc to new heights.
As a world-class climbing weapon, lightweight design is a top priority for the R Series. That’s why the R3 Disc’s stiffness-to-weight ratio has been fine-tuned to yield frames that are 18% lighter while maintaining the same race-ready stiffness.
The established Cervélo fit has been enhanced with a new geometry highlighted by a lower standover height and extra toe clearance. Then there’s the R3 Disc’s new handling geometry, wider tire clearance and integrated disc-brake technology, which improve stability, comfort and performance.
Road riders at all levels are now embracing the versatility of wider, lower-pressure tires in order to reduce fatigue and, in turn, boost power output. And since wheel manufacturers’ wind-tunnel testing has shown that wider tires can deliver aero benefits, tire clearance for the R3 Disc has been increased to 28mm without sacrificing performance. Then there are the small, satisfying design details that separate good from extraordinary, such as helpful thru-axle installation graphics and a subtle-yet-robust chain-stay protector.
R3 DISC FEATURES
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.