The Cervelo R3 Ultegra Disc is a classic carbon road bike with a pro pedigree, elite performance, and disc brakes.
The R-series is a Cervelo staple and the 2019 Cervelo R3 is lighter, stiffer, and more aerodynamic than ever, with category-leading stiffness, versatile fit, and stable handling. The addition of disc brakes to the R3 increases stiffness over its rim brake sibling and improves braking power and feel.
With clean, simple lines, the carbon R3 provides a classic road bike look but a closer look reveals unique tube profiles, asymmetric chain stays, and carbon dropouts. Cervelo calls the tube shaping "Squoval", as they are not quite square and not quite oval, allowing Cervelo engineers to balance fit, handling, stiffness, and aero performance without adding weight.
Skinny seatstays, an R-series signature, top out in a monostay slightly dropped from the top tube junction. The tapered carbon fork is beefy and has been designed for plenty of clearance for 28 mm tires.
The 2019 Cervelo R3 Ultegra Disc uses the Cervelo-developed BBRight bottom bracket, which widens the bottom bracket shell by 11 millimeters on the non-drive side. This improves stiffness and slightly trims weight. The bottom bracket on the drive-side is identical to BB30 and provides plenty of clearance for a wide range of cranks.
The Cervelo R3 frame comes in two paint options, an orange and navy option and the black and white option seen in the video.
The 2019 Cervelo R3 Ultegra Disc is equipped with a Shimano Ultegra drivetrain with the shifters, derailleurs, cassette, and crankset all carrying the Ultegra label. The shifters are Shimano Ultegra 8070 Hydraulic Disc and the brake rotors are 160 mm Shimano RT800.
At the time of recording, the cassette spec is unique at 11-30 and the crankset has mid-compact, or 52/36, chainrings.
The 2019 Cervelo R3 Ultegra Disc features a Cervelo ultra light alloy stem, Cervelo AB07 Ultra Light alloy handlebar, and Cervelo Carbon SP19 seatpost.
The saddle is a Prologo Zero II STN.
The spec is rounded out with DT Swiss P1800 Spline 32 Disc wheels and Continental Grand Prix SL 25 mm tires.
Whether you are racing, riding on cobblestones, and looking for a bike that can climb, the 2019 Cervelo R3 Ultegra Disc is a best-in-class all-around road bike and should be on your short list for your next road bike.
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.