R2 PRO-LEVEL PERFORMANCE
The Cervelo R2 shares much of the R3’s leading-edge technology and engineering, the all-new R2 combines value and performance to thrilling effect. Boasting a Shimano 105 platform, category-leading stiffness, and our versatile elite fit and stable handling, this is the obvious choice for any road cyclist raring to ride like the pros.
STIFF AND RESPONSIVE
As a pro-caliber climbing weapon, the R2’sfine-tuned stiffness makes the most of every pedal stroke. And with clearance for 28mm tires, you won’t flinch on less-than-perfect pavement while exploring uncharted roads.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Our engineers went through dozens of frame iterations and conducted hundreds of hours of CFD and wind-tunnel analysis to skillfully balance the fit, handling, stiffness and aero performance of the R2 without adding weight. Underlying all of this are new Squoval Max tube shapes, which have been redesigned to fortify cross-sections and push the R2 to new heights.
A COMPLETE PACKAGE
Details matter when it comes to pro-level performance, which is why the R2 includes dependable Shimano RS010 wheels and a crisp-shifting 11-speed 105 groupset.
If you’ve ever felt nervous about hammering out of the saddle, get ready to leave that feeling behind. On the R2, pro-level performance and confidence go hand in hand thanks to stable, responsive handling and a versatile elite fit that lets you push, and break, your limits.
The established Cervélo fit has been enhanced with a new geometry highlighted by alower standover height and extra toe clearance. Then there’s the R2’s new handling geometry and 28mm tire clearance, which improve stability and performance-boosting comfort.
Road riders at all levels are now embracing the versatility of wider, lower-pressure tires in order to reduce fatigue and, in turn, boost power output. And since wheel manufacturers’ wind-tunnel testing has shown that wider tires can actually deliver aero benefits,tire clearance for the new R2 has been increased to 28mm without sacrificing performance.
The R2’s stiffness-to-weight ratio has been meticulously tuned to maximize the efficiency of every pedal stroke and boost confidence in cornering and overall handling. If you’re looking to feel more connected to the road, look no further.
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom-bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems.
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems.
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts.
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer’s diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike’s handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model.
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals.
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to “dial in” the weight-saving, aero, stiffness and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame.