The C3’s endurance fit, 32mm tire clearance, lower bottom bracket and longer chainstays inspire confidence while delivering a longer, more comfortable day in the saddle, while uniquely integrated disc brakes provide exceptional control without sacrificing performance.
Rider confidence can’t be measured in a laboratory or wind tunnel. Cervélo is renowned for its engineering-driven approach to building the world’s fastest and lightest road, track, triathlon and time-trial bicycles, but the success of the C3 won’t be measured in WorldTour victories or Olympic gold medals. Rather, our engineering team used its profound understanding of pro athletes’ bicycle requirements to skillfully balance performance with ride quality.
The C3’s innovative endurance fit is ideal for long, confidence-boosting rides. Increasing fork and stack length allows for a more upright riding position and a decrease in stand-over height. Confidence is also about controlling speed, which is why the C3 incorporates the latest disc-brake technologies, such as the flat-mount standard and through-axles, to enhance safety, drive-train alignment and performance.
A single-piece rear triangle and wide curved seatstays boost back-end and bottom-bracket stiffness, while through-axles improve lateral stiffness in the disc-specific fork. This bike is stiff where it needs to be, but also comfortingly compliant for those long days in the saddle.
Longer chainstays add trail-balance handling at the front end and boosttire clearance to 32mm, providing room for a standard fender and mount. A downtube rock guard and chainstay protector help prevent potential damage on mixed surfaces, whilefuture-proof internal cable routing delivers smooth shifting every time.
- BBRIGHT- This asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems
- FUTURE-PROOF CABLE MANAGEMENT- Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems
- CARBON DROPOUTS- Tough, compression-molded dropouts save wieght with no scrifice in strength compared to traditional metal dropouts
- EVOLVED STEERER DESIGN- The fork steerer's diameter has a noticeable effect on a bike's handling. Evolved steerer design applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model
- REDUCED-FRICTION BB GUIDE- Significantly reduces cable friction in the bottom bracket, which means smoother shifting, easier setup and longer service intervals
- SQUOVAL- This library of tube shapes allows cervelo engineers to "dial in" the weight-saving, aero, stiffness, and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame